Saturday, December 20, 2008

Garden Feature

Garden Feature - Christmas Gift

Thank you dear husband for a job well done
I made a request of my dear husband to make me a garden feature as his gift to me for Christmas. I knew exactly want I wanted him to build after I visited the Australia Garden in Cranbourne - 'Home Garden' section. There they had a large wooden garden feature, it had a modern look and I really liked the look of it and could see a smaller version in my own little suburban garden.
Although I'm sure dear husband thought his dear wife had gone a little crazy he agreed to build the great wall (as he called it). Casually over three days the garden feature was built, it was now ready for me to paint it. As it was it was built in the carport I had to paint the top side and then once dry we had to flip it over and paint the other side. Today was the day relocation day so dear son had agreed to come around and give his father a hand with the big move. The relocation was a slow process as the feature was extremely heavy and had to be moved from one side of the house to the other. The feature was at last around near it's resting place when it discovered that it was slightly too tall to fit under pergola. So back out it came onto the lawn, then out came the chainsaw to take a few inches off the legs. This time it was manoeuvered into place, then cement placed around each leg, once it had been leveled up it was braced to the fence and left to set. The end result is very pleasing it looks good in it's new position in my fernery under the pergola. DH has did a wonderful job on the garden feature, he is indeed a very handyman.


No comments: