Sunday, October 12, 2008

Australian Natives

©Copyright nansgarden.blogspot.com

Photos - Prostanthera Incana Blue

After a long day at work it's nice to take a wander around my garden in the fresh air and sunshine. Now that we are once again on daylight savings time I get to just that, take nice long stroll around the garden with camera in hand and see what pictures I can take today.

With sandy loam type soil we grow mostly Australian Natives plants in the garden as they can tolerate the dryer soils with much less water. With the water restriction in Victoria we all need to be water wise with our gardens.

When we moved to the Junction we down sized our suburban block so that we didn't have to spend all weekend mowing lawns and trying to upkeep the gardens. Well that was perhaps the single biggest mistake we have made. Now that I'm closer to work and don't loose three hours a day traveling to work and back home again, I have more time to spend doing the things I love (gardening) is on the top of my list.

No comments: