Saturday, October 18, 2008

First Roses Of The Season

©Copyright nansgarden.blogspot.com

Photo Rose Just Joey

This morning Saturday I got up at 7 o'clock to go into my garden and water before the 8 o'clock cut off time for watering the garden with a hand held hose. Only being able to water the garden twice a week from 6 am until 8 am is a real problem for me as Tuesday the only other day I can water I leave for work at 5.45. So I really only get the one day to water my garden, so I'm up before the birds and give everything a good drink.

This morning the first thing I noticed when I went out was that my roses had begun to open, my first blooms of the season. I only have a small suburban block with very sandy soil, but I could not have a garden with out some roses in it. I have five standard Just Joeys, having to pick just one rose type to have in the garden was a very hard choice as there are so many to choose from. But I final choice was Just Joey I love the colour and it has such a beautiful perfume. I had to take a photo of my first roses of the season, then I picked four roses to bring inside to enjoy. For Just Joey flowers and I have a full vase, this is another reason that I like Just Joey so much you only need a few to fill a vase.


Photo Just Joey 3 or 4 fill a vase

No comments: