Monday, October 13, 2008

Grand Children My Little Treasures


Photos by Mr Kristopher

Saturday we had magnificent weather 28 degrees and sunshine, no wind a perfect day. I spent the day with three very special little people Mr Kristopher 13, Mr Caeleb 10, Little Miss Ameiliah 6, my grand children who had come to spend the day. Mr Kristopher bought his camera along this time so that we could go out taking photos. Mr Caeleb forgot his camera so he borrowed my small digital camera for the day. Cameras in hand we headed off to the new Junction Village play ground, all three of them enjoyed trying the new play equipment and I had good sujects to photograph while they did. From there we came back home and wandered around my garden to see what we could find to photograph.

As always Little Miss finds her way to the fairy garden I designed with her in mind and the boys came for a look too. Mr Kristopher who has a good eye with the camera, as I sat and watched him he took photos of the fairy garden from all angles. He stood on the garden seat to takes shots of the water feature from above; he got down at eye level and took more. He did manage to get some very interesting shots of the garden. Mr Caeleb also took shots of the fairy garden, but his first shots were out of focus, so we spent some time with him teaching him how to make sure the shot was in focus before he took it. Second time around he had much better results and he was happy with them.

As I sat in the fairy garden with Mr Caeleb watching Little Miss playing with the fairies, he asked me who was the garden made for. I told him that it was made for everyone to enjoy; I said that fairy gardens were normally girlie gardens. But as we sat I told him to look around and see how beautiful the garden is. With the water feature you can sit an hear the sound of the water, yet it is so peaceful and a garden we can all enjoy it's not just a girlie garden. I love to sit out here I said to him and enjoy the sun, fresh air, the garden the sound of the water, the beauty and the peace. Then Mr Caeleb asked if the garden was my happy place? From the mouths of Babes, such a lovey way to put it, I had it admit that he was right it was when I think about, it is my happy place.

No comments: