Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cranbourne Royal Botanic Gardens

Sunday Walk In The Garden

I needed to clear my head this morning so I decide to take a walk in the Cranbourne Botanic Gardens. It was a chance to combine three of my passions together, walking, being outdoors in the fresh air and photography. Something that I'm not so passionate about is exercise but it is the one thing that I must do more of, the best thing I've been told for a bad back is to keep it moving.



My plan this morning was to walk from the Australia Gardens car park to the new Woodland Picnic Ground, I was interested to see what this new area had to offer and how long it would take me to walk there. It only took me about a ten minutes to walk the 600 metres from the visitors centre to the new picnic ground. I was impressed with the facilities at the picnic ground, covered shelters over the two free gas barbecues areas give good protection from the sun and toilets are also close by.



The children will enjoy the garden experience as much as the adults as there is a wonderful playground area designed for them, where the children can climb, swing and play in the sand, it also has a large area of grassland for ballgames or just for running off that excess energy before or after lunch. So after a picnic or BBQ lunch why not take a stroll on one the the walking track around this 363 hectare garden with it untouched healthy woodland and wetlands.

To keep the gardens in their pristine condition visitors are asked to keep to the walking tracks and please remember to take all rubbish home with you.

No comments: