Friday, January 23, 2009

Rest In Peace

How do I say goodbye to my brother that I traveled half way around the world and back to find, then never really had the chance to get to know. A brother that never knew our father, but you never did get over never having known him. A brother who was so like his father in so many ways, you had his eyes, his charming and mischievous personality, his sense of fun and adventure, his love of motor bikes and his love for fishing, but you never knew it. I was grateful I the chance to meet and spend some time with you, to tell you about your father and kind of man he was and how hard it was for him to walk away from you, so hard he had to travel half a world away. You were loved more in life and will be remembered in death more than you will ever know. Your fight is over now, no more demons Gordon, you can now my brother rest in peace. You live on through your four amazing daughters, your greatest achievement in life. Till we meet again.

No comments: